MODOT will begin to do repairs on the Chester Bridge late this summer
Here is a quick summary:
- The Chester Bridge repair contract is scheduled to begin in late summer of 2021 with a completion date in the fall of 2022.
- The project is intended to reduce the probability of weight restrictions until the bridge can be replaced. The current plan is to work toward a new bridge by 2028.
- This project will require the installation of a temporary concrete barrier on centerline across the bridge, which will close one lane of the bridge. Loads wider than 10’ will be prohibited and traffic will be controlled by a temporary traffic signal.
- The barrier will only be removed during winter months to allow for snow removal. Wide loads will not be permitted across the bridge during that time.
- In addition to the lane closure, approximately 12 nighttime and 2 weekend bridge closures will be required to complete the work. Those dates have not been determined at the present time, but we will release those closures, so travelers may make alternate plans.
- MoDOT has multiple ways for customers to learn more:
- Notifications will be published on the website: www.modot.org/chesterbridge
- News releases will be sent to customers, legislators and media – Customers may sign-up for email notifications on our E-Update site
- Changeable message signs will be deployed to notify area travelers
- Notifications will be updated on our Facebook and Twitter pages
- Customers may contact 1-888-ASK-MoDOT (275-6636) for more information